1/2 Marathon Information
The Tunnel Trails "Sliced Apple" Half Marathon
All half marathon "Sliced Apple" runners will board a bus at the Elroy City Park (Schultz Park) in Elroy at 7:00 a.m. and head north to the charming village of Hustler, Wisconsin. Runners will have approximately 30 minutes to use the rest rooms, stretch out, and use our free bag-and-tag service. The race will begin at 8:00 a.m. The runners will head north on the Omaha Trail for about one mile before turning around and heading back through Hustler and on their way to Elroy. Runners will pass through the tunnel after about six miles of the run. The tunnel was built in 1876 and is 875 feet long! Upon entering Elroy, the course will use a side street to go through Elroy, including running on a covered bridge and past the Elroy Commons, now using the 400 Trail. The 400 Trail will lead the runners back to the Elroy City (Schultz) Park for the finish line.
Our half marathon course is certified and its USATF certification # is WI13032DM. Our certificate and course map with measurements can be found at:
5:30-6:30 -- Race material pick-up and race day registration
7:00 -- Cheer the marathon runners off on their run.
7:05 -- Board bus to Hustler
7:25 -- Arrive at Hustler, use restrooms, stretch, and bag-and-tag
8:00 -- Race begins!
$45 by 6/15/2020
$50 by 7/15/2020
$55 by 8/15/2020
$65 through race day
Runners will receive:
* water and/or Powerade every 1-2 miles. Gu at the 9-mile mark.
* a performance t-shirt
* a delicious apple dumpling!
* post-race refreshments (water, Powerade, chocolate milk) plus bagels, fruit, etc.
* a finisher's medal for everyone
* a free movie pass to the Elroy Theater
* other miscellaneous donations
Awards will be presented to:
* Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in male/female divisions.
* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals in age divisions: 29 & under, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and over 70 in both male/female divisions.