The Tunnel Trails "Big Apple" Marathon
The "Big Apple" full marathon will begin at 7:00 a.m. at the start/finish line at the Elroy City Park (Schultz Park). The runners will run a short distance (100 yards or so) before leaving the park and head north into Elroy on the "400 Trail." In Elroy, the runners will pass by the Elroy Commons and then run up 2nd Main Street, which includes a run over a scenic "covered bridge", and then enter the Omaha Trail on the north edge of Elroy.
After about 7 miles, the runners will pass through a beautiful old railroad tunnel. The tunnel was built in 1876 and is 875 feet long! The runners continue north on the trail, passing through Hustler, until the turnaround which is about 2 miles north of Hustler. The return run is the same as the first half. About 90% of the race is on the Omaha Bike Trail.
Our marathon course is certified and its USATF certification # is WI13031DM. Our certificate and course map with measurements can be found at:
5:30-6:30 a.m. -- Race material pick-up and race day registration
7:00 a.m. -- Race begins!
NOW AVAILABLE: Marathon runners who think they will need over 6 hours, your early start time will be at 6:00 a.m., be ready by 5:30 a.m. This is only for 6+ hour runners.
$60 by 6/15/2020
$65 by 7/15/2020
$70 by 8/15/2020
$80 through race day
Runners will receive:
* water and/or Powerade every 1-2 miles. Gu at 4 and 22-mile mark.
* a performance t-shirt
* a delicious apple dumpling!
* post-race refreshments (water, Powerade, chocolate milk) plus bagels, fruit, etc.
* a finisher's medal for everyone
* a free movie pass to the Elroy Theater
* other miscellaneous donations
Awards will be presented to:
* Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in male/female divisions.
* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals in age divisions: 29 & under, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and over 70 in both male/female divisions.